I am pleased to share a new beta release for CoCart that combines both a new endpoint to access products without authentication and cart support for guest customers.
To test out the new features please view the WIP (Work in Progress) section of the documentation.
If you would like to know more about the coming version, checkout these two posts.
Changelog for this release
- Added: Counter for carts in session in WC system status.
- Corrected: Incorrect bool value used for initial item added to cart.
- Corrected: Value typo with cart key when storing cart to the database.
- Corrected: Version returned in WC system status for CoCart.
- Removed: Tax status and tax class for products data returned.
- Tweak: Fixed
create_tables()should not be called statically
- Tweak: Fixed
get_cart()not called statically.
- NEW: Added a new endpoint for fetching products or a singular product in READ-ONLY. No authentication required.
- NEW: Added support for guest carts.
- NEW: Cart data are stored in a new database table.
- NEW: Added plugin details to WooCommerce System Status.
- NEW: Added uninstall.php file to delete tables and options.
- Dev: Clear all carts stored in session via the Tools section of WC System Status.
- Dev: Cart expiration can be filtered if the default 48 hours is not to your liking.
- Dev: Cart key can be filtered before storing cart in the database and creates a cookie on the customer’s device.
You cannot use this beta release with Product Add-ons installed as it will override the product routes. Product Add-ons is better and contains more options.
I look forward to any feedback you have.