What’s New in CoCart v3.1?
A new setup wizard is introduced that will help prepare the environment for a headless setup.
To help WooCommerce stores that are already selling, an option to transfer current sessions is available. This simply copies over all carts in the database to CoCart’s session table. Once completed it will remove them from WooCommerce session table to save database space.
If you are using multiple domains for your headless setup, CoCart Cors plugin will be installed and activated in the background. Upon completing the setup wizard, you will be presented with options on what you can do next.
You can if you wish ignore the setup wizard completely or run it again at any time from the CoCart menu.
CoCart Products add-on now merged and introducing API v2 with a new option to view single products by SKU. This gives users a great start to their development.
The product response is cleaner and better than before by including shortcuts for adding items to the cart or viewing other products connected.
Additional product support such as subscription data will remain in CoCart Pro only.
What to do before testing!
If you have been using CoCart Products add-on, make sure you have the latest version of it installed before updating to this release to prevent crashing your site. Otherwise best to deactivate the add-on first.
New Cart API route introduced that allows developers to add custom callbacks to update the cart for any possibility. See example.
No cache control has been added to the headers to help prevent CoCart from being cached at all so results return quicker.
- Enhanced: Shipping rates now return meta data if any. Thanks to @gabrielandujar for contributing.
- Enhanced: Stock check improved when adding item by checking the remaining stock instead. This uses the reserve stock system in WooCommerce.
- Tweaked: Session abstract now extends
WC_Sessionabstract for plugin compatibility for those that have strong typed.
- Tweaked: Session handler by adding
get_session()function for plugin compatibility.
- Removed: CoCart Products Add-on as a plugin suggestion now the products API is merged with core of CoCart.
- Fixed: Redirect to the “Getting Started” page should no longer happen on every activation.
- Fixed: Plugin review notice dismiss action.
- Dev: Added more compatibility for next update of CoCart Pro.
Currently being updated. Check again soon or follow CoCart on Twitter for updates.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let me know by logging a report on the GitHub repository. There I can manage it better and get on the issue asap.